Tuesday 29 March 2016

My Learning Goals

Description:
Today we looked through our reports from last year. We identified a next step (goal) for reading, writing and maths. Here are my goals:


Maths: my next step is to make connections e.g 1/3 of 12 is the same as 3x ? = 12
To achieve this goal I will: practice at home and get better and better. I need to learn all my times tables.


Reading: his next goal is to take time to work out the meanings
To achieve this goal I will: practice getting the meaning. I can use the clues in the story to help me.


Writing:my next step is to use a range of sentence starter
To achieve this goal I will: I will practice my sentence starter. I will use my writers notebook to collect ideas on ways to start sentences.



We also looked at our STAR results.
  • Word recognition I got _10__ out of 10.
  • Sentence comprehension I got _10__ out of 10.
  • Paragraph comprehension I got _12__ out of 15.
  • Vocabulary I got __10_ out of 10.


I am going to focus on: Paragraph comprehension


To improve in this area I will: Use the links on our blog.

1 comment:

  1. Well buddy these goals sound pretty good I look forward to watching you challenge yourself.

    ReplyDelete